Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Rain and Me


During my childhood days, I loved to wet under rain.

I love Physics since my childhood; so I chose Physics as my main subject. I travelled 42 kms( to and fro 21+21 )by bicycle to my college from my remote village.

During Rainy season, it used to be very tough to pedal further. Heavy rain hid my vision. Many movies wrongly picturesque that wetting under rain is like taking a shower. In reality, particularly during Heavy thunder rain, it’s a painful experience. But I love to wet myself under the rains.

In our village, those days the rain used to be very heavy! This gave me hectic experience, because the rain which came down with high acceleration due to gravity, hit my chin and the whole body with heavy slap!

Those days, I used to take class running notes on the backside of the notices which was collected and bound by me. But many times my Note Books used to get wet, due to which all my written notes used to get wiped out. Fortunately, I had very good memory through Yoga, Meditation and Pranayama. This helped me to recall and rewrite them.

The path which goes through the agro lands used to get muddy and dirty during the heavy rainy seasons. It used to be very tough to proceed in that black cotton soil. There were no proper roads. The bi-cycles would Skid! So slowly I started to walk along with my old cycle. Strength of the rain ever increased.

One day it was raining cats and dogs! At that moment, I decided to seek for shelter under a tree. But at that instance, my physics brain alarmed me that Trees attracts Thunders and Lightening’s and moreover even the poisonous reptiles gets drifted on my way!
But still those days were like being in a heaven! I love those days!

During that Cycle travel, I learnt all my Physics Subject. Newton, Einstein, Rutherford and many scientists appeared in my mind screen and teach Physics with tremendous interest.

I completely enjoyed studying Physics. Always a mind movie was running inside my mind. I was wondering How the electrons were revolving round the Nucleus? How it runs? Does it run like Kids? Why the electrons are not inside the Nucleus? I would have reached my destination by the end of the mind movie.

One day, the movie would be about “Heat and Thermodynamics”. The other day it would be about “Properties of Matter”. Next day about, "Atomic Physics”….

Once, Newton was explaining me about Inertia during my cycle journey. I couldn’t understand the concept. He was explaining me the concept with lot of terminological words.

“What is Inertia…?” I questioned him.

One part of my Mind was focusing on discussion with Imaginary projection on Newton. The other part of the mind was focusing on cycling.

He started to explain. “One object tries to retain its original state. When we try to change, it opposes and it reveals its own discomfort”.

I got excited. I requested him to explain more.

“See…. Now u r cycling. Assume u r driving very fast. If u apply break suddenly, what will happen? “

My eyes expressed a kind of innocent gesture.

“You will be forced to fall down… and it yields to break your Close-Up Teeth… …. “ He smiled and continued.


“Cause for your broken Close-Up Teeth is known as Inertia…” concluded. 

With excitement, I raised "How…?”


“When cycle is in motion, it has desire and tries to keep its current position…You are trying to change by applying external force. But it opposes. You are applying more force against the cycle’s motion. So it shows its own anger on you. Hence the result, you would break your Close-Up Teeth…” put into simple and easy way.

I wondered…. How easy is the concept …!.

But in our syllabus we memorize that, “Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.”

I wondered how Newton explained in very simple way!

When I talked this concept with my professors and my classmates, they warned me, saying that if you write in the same thing in the Exam… definitely you would score zero marks.


I hated our Education System. 

Sometime, due to heavy rain, our colleges and schools would be closed. I was so happy those days. Because, I love School when it is closed…. 

- We will meet later….

1 comment:

Science IT and Leisure said...

I like the way you write.

http://scienceleisure.blogspot.com/2018/04/fishing-of-fresh-water-fish-of-usa.html